NEW: The VRCA is developing a Construction Research Network that will connect construction industry visionaries with people and places that can help them transform their ideas into reality. It will help close the gap between ‘insight and job site’ – ensuring BC’s construction sector remains competitive and vibrant.
Zero Emissions Building
In 2016, the City of Vancouver released its Zero Emissions Building Plan, which requires most new buildings to be near zero emissions by 2025, and all new buildings to be zero emissions by 2030. In 2017, British Columbia released the BC Energy Step Code, which sets the path for all new buildings to be net zero ready by 2032.
ZEBx (Zero Emissions Building Exchange)
ZEBx is dedicated to supporting the industry through this transition, acting as a catalyst that transforms the entire design and construction value chain towards cost-effective, attractive, zero emission buildings.
City of Vancouver Greenest City Action Plan
- Main landing page
- Greenest City Action Plan documents and history
- Find Greenest City projects on a map
- Zero emissions buildings – policies and code requirements
- Climate emergency response
- Climate emergency report to council (April 16, 2019)
BC Energy Step Code
The BC Energy Step Code is an optional compliance path in the BC Building Code that local governments may use, if they wish, to incentivize or require a level of energy efficiency in new construction that goes above and beyond the requirements of the BC Building Code.
Vancouver Economic Commission
- Passive House Canada
- Canada Green Building Council
- Open (formerly Open Green Building Society)
- Sustainable Buildings Canada
Building with Wood
- Measuring Up: Key Performance Indicators for BC’s Construction Industry
- Construction Innovation in BC
CONtact Innovator Mentorship Program
The Canadian Construction Association launched the CONtact innovator mentorship program in partnership with regional construction associations, including VRCA, in order to accelerate the adoption of new solutions to improve the industry’s productivity, safety, profitability or contribution to building sustainable communities.