The U40 Network was established in 2008 and today includes more than 500 members.
VRCA launched the U40 Network to help the Lower Mainland’s young construction professionals build their networks, access professional development and contribute to their community in meaningful ways.
The U40 Network supports and develops young construction leaders by:
- Hosting events that cultivate personal relationships and mentorship opportunities across the industrial, commercial, institutional and high-rise residential construction industry;
- Promoting opportunities for professional development and to hone leadership skills; and
- Supporting them to engage in philanthropic initiatives focused on giving back to the larger community, including KidStart – the U40 Network’s charity of choice.
How do we do that?
Each year, the U40 Network hosts at least 10 events, from construction site tours and mentoring breakfasts to its four signature events: U40 Boat Cruise; Baseball at the Nat; U40 Golf Tournament and Oktoberfest pub night.
VRCA encourages its U40 members to participate on the U40 Executive Committee, and ultimately the VRCA Board of Directors, each of which provides them an opportunity to develop leadership skills. Similarly, U40 members are encouraged to participate at all Divisional meetings to stay up-to-date on industry issues.
Top 3 benefits that flow to employers who support their employees’ participation in the U40 Network
- Your employees are informed – they are plugged into industry discussions, aware of the issues and contributing towards solutions that may benefit your business.
- Your employees are connected – they don’t know everyone yet; this avenue changes that and may bring a range of opportunities.
- Your employees are prepared – feeling informed and connected, they are better equipped to tackle the future, and perhaps even be part of your company’s succession plan!
Why should your company belong to VRCA?
U40 members whose companies are VRCA members receive member pricing for education programming – including VRCA’s Construction Leadership Forum, held annually the first weekend of May in Whistler – and access to member-exclusive events. They also enjoy savings through VRCA’s Affinity Program and access to the VRCA member directory.