Established in 2009, the U40 Network currently has almost 500 members with the goal of helping Vancouver’s young construction professionals build their networks, access professional development and contribute to community in meaningful ways thus evolving as the future leaders of the construction industry in the Lower Mainland.
The objective of the U40 Network is to provide opportunities among Vancouver’s young construction professionals to play an active role in the Association’s Educate, Advocate and Facilitate pillars, as follows;
Educate: an opportunity for companies to invest in their employees’ professional development through:
- Access to bi-monthly mentoring breakfasts, technical and non-technical education and training and the annual Construction Leadership Forum.
- Encouragement to participate on the U40 Executive Committee, and ultimately the VRCA Board of Directors, thereby giving individuals exposure to operating within a not-for-profit governance model.
- Encouragement to participate at all VRCA Divisional meetings and Committees to stay up-to-date on industry issues.
Advocate: an opportunity for companies and their employees to give back to community and have a positive impact on the industry through:
- Participation at various U40 Network events that raise money for KidStart, the U40 Network’s charity of choice.
- Opportunity to volunteer labour and/or materials at the U40 Network’s Volunteer Day at the Zajac Ranch for Children.
- Opportunity to participate on VRCA’s School Outreach Program and engage students on the career opportunities within the construction industry.
Facilitate: an opportunity for companies and their employees to establish contacts and foster relationships across the industry through participation at:
- 8-10 U40 Network networking events throughout the year.
- A further 23 VRCA networking events throughout the year.
- A broad roster of events hosted by VRCA’s industry partners.
Upcoming U40 Events
VRCA Boat Cruise – Hosted by the U40 Group
Network with over 200 current and future industry leaders on deck over cocktails and canapes while taking in the spectacular views of our beautiful city. The Magic Spirit ship will set sail from Plaza of Nations Marina out of False Creek Thursday, July 19 at 4pm sharp.