Construction Safety Training System (CSTS-09)
Are your employees safe?
To reduce the number of accidents and injuries, employers must ensure that all workers are trained in basic workplace safety. Construction Safety Training System (CSTS-09) is a computer-based worker-specific safety program that is acknowledged industry wide. Self-paced and user-friendly, the course is designed for those who are new to the industry or have not had formal safety training.
How much time does it take?
CSTS-09 is available 24/7 and should take approximately 6 hours (including 4.5 hours of video). Upon successful completion, a certificate will be issued. Certification is valid across Canada and does not expire.
What does it cost?
The course fee is $65 + GST per student
What is covered in the course?
The program is broken down into 15 separate modules that explore various aspects of a construction jobsite with an emphasis on being aware of common hazards and how to avoid them. Students move through the modules at their own pace, testing their knowledge of the content through interactive “question and answer” scenarios.
- Module 1: Your Worksite and the Law
- Module 2: Personal Physical Care & Conduct
- Module 3: Personal Protective Equipment
- Module 4: Workplace Hazards
- Module 5: Field Level Hazard Assessment
- Module 6: WHMIS
- Module 7: Workside Conditions
- Module 8: Environmental Factors
- Module 9: Fall Protection
- Module 10: Emergency Response
- Module 11: Ladders & Scaffolding
- Module 12: Mobile Equipment
- Module 13: Machinery, Tools, & Equipment
- Module 14: Excavating & Trenching
- Module 15: Defensive Driving
What do I need to take the course online?
Pentium 4, 3 GHZ
2 GB of system memory (RAM)
Speakers or Headset
High Speed Internet Access
Adobe Flash Payer 10+
At this time it is not recommended that you use any version of Internet Explorer. We suggest that you either use Google Chrome, Firefox, or Safari to take your course.
CSTS-09 will not work on any tablet or smartphone