VRCA Education Responds to Changing Industry Needs
VRCA’s robust Education Program is a rapidly evolving resource for our members and industry. There is literally something for everyone! As we respond to changing needs, the following provides an overview of all the ways VRCA Education delivers excellent value.
In the past year alone, 212 education sessions were provided by the VRCA Education team. We know our students’ have diverse education needs, so we are sure to offer varied education delivery.
- In-person classes are safely delivered in Vancouver and Abbotsford, so our members from Hope to Pemberton have easy access.
- Instructor-led online education is sourced Canada-wide, keeping quality high and allowing many students to add education to their workday, without a commute.
- Self-paced online programs are offered for those who are challenged by an unpredictable schedule, so students can fit education into their busy lives.
Do you have unique training needs? VRCA can custom build a program to suit your specific requirements for content, delivery method, and number of participants!
We know many of our members require Continuing Professional Development (CPD) points and VRCA is here to help! Whether you’re pursing Gold Seal Certification or earning your annual requirements for BC Housing or AIBC, VRCA offers programs that meet your CPD needs.
For an overview of qualifications, training, and experience you need to write the Gold Seal Certification exam, register for any of these information sessions:
Whether you’re a skilled labourer new to a job site, or a senior manager who has seen it all, we know our members prioritize lifelong learning. From scaffolding certification to leadership training, we offer the opportunity for holistic education.
- Visit our Education & Events Calendar to stay up to date on all that’s available.
VRCA members are eager to give back and we are here to help make that happen! The Student Connection Program coordinates VRCA member volunteers for school presentations that invite students to consider a career in construction. Our volunteers are the champions of our industry!
- Click here for more program information or to volunteer as a school speaker.
VRCA is committed to anticipating and providing the education our members need the most. To keep our finger on the pulse of our industry, VRCA has organized a volunteer Education Advisory Working Group of key industry stakeholders that will help guide our program for exceptional member value.
VRCA will never disguise a sales pitch as education, but we know our students and members are eager to hear about the organizations that can add value to their topic of study. VRCA offers the opportunity to match certain organizations with specific programing sponsorships, for added student value.
- Click here for more information.