With the release of two documents from the Canadian Construction Documents Committee (CCDC) on Feb. 4, owners and consultants in the Canadian construction industry are gaining powerful tools to create procurement and contracting documents for their projects.
CCDC 23 – A Guide for Calling Bids and Awarding Construction Contracts is a guide to procuring construction services through the competitive bidding process where the lowest bid selection method is used. It provides owners and consultants with best practices for a straightforward bidding process with adequate time for bid preparation and fair and transparent contract awards. Read more.
CCDC Master Specification for Division 00: Procurement and Contracting Requirements provides standard master specification text and templates that reflect the best practices contained in CCDC 23 and is recommended for procurement authorities when preparing the bid documents for a project or office master specifications. This new master specification document is a first for CCDC and is part of a longer-term effort to introduce more specification documents. Read more.
CCDC 23 and Division 00 are available for sale in VRCA’s online store.
For more information; please visit the CCDC website.
Benefits of CCDC documents
New to CCDC documents? Here are five reasons to use CCDC standardized construction documents for your next construction project:
- Build trust. CCDC documents are created using a transparent, consultative and collaborative process. Written with simple, easy to understand language, our documents result in more clarity, more goodwill between the parties, and less legal anxiety.
- Simplify bidding and contracting. Our documents work easily with other industry contracts, they are familiar and understood by all parties and they are trusted. That means that contracting is smoother and more collaborative, and the parties can get to work faster and get the job done.
- Fairly allocate risk. Our completely collaborative process ensures that all voices are heard, full consensus is reached before ratification of any documents, risk is allocated fairly among the parties, and real trust is built.
- Feel confident. CCDC is Canada’s only source for recognized Canadian standard construction industry documents, offering consensus-built documents and contracts that are transparent, balanced, and standardized. All parties feel confident using documents that recognize established legal precedents and provide a strong legal foundation.
- Feel represented. CCDC industry expert volunteers include representation from owners, Association of Consulting Engineering Companies-Canada (ACEC), Canadian Construction Association (CCA), Construction Specifications Canada (CSC), Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC), and legal counsel.