Metro Vancouver will hold an online meeting Oct. 24 to discuss the changes to Metro Vancouver Regional District Non-Road Diesel Engine Emission Regulation Bylaw No. 1161, which goes into effect Jan. 1, 2019.
The bylaw changes aim to improve air quality by managing older, higher-polluting non-road diesel engines, which can negatively affect health and contribute to climate change and reduced visibility.
The meeting will cover:
Changes to The Low-Use Category on Jan. 1, 2019
- New quarterly requirements for reporting engine hours
- Reporting deadlines four times per year: April 15, July 15, Oct. 15 and Jan. 15
- Engines must have a non-resettable hour meter to qualify for low-use registration
Other Approved Changes
- New definitions, including smoke opacity
- Date of prohibition for unregistered Tier 1 engines moved to Jan. 31, 2020
- Clarified bylaw language
The meeting will take place on Oct. 24 from 11 a.m. to 12 p.m. For more information and to register for the meeting, please click here.