FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
1. Q: How far back may I submit a project?
A: You may submit a project as far back as 3 years from the current project entry deadline. For 2021 submissions, the deadline is April 12, 2021, projects that have a completion date between April 30, 2018 and April 30, 2021 will be eligible.
2. Q: Are self-nominations accepted?
A: Yes, self-nominations are accepted for VRCA members.
3. Q: May I submit more than 1 project per year?
A: Yes, there is no limit on how many projects a company can submit. Each project can only be submitted once by the general contractor.
4. Q: I’ve submitted my project – what’s next?
A: VRCA will contact all companies after May 3, 2021 to schedule a virtual presentation with the judges. These presentations will take place between May 17 – June 25, 2021, so please ensure your project team is available.
5. Q: After my project has been seen by the judges, what comes next?
A: The judges will determine three Silver Award winners in each category for both 2020 & 2021, announced on August 5, 2021. One (1) Gold Award winner in each category will be announced at the Awards of Excellence Gala on October 19, 2021
6. Q: As a Silver Award winner, what are the promotional benefits?
A: Prior to the gala, you will be listed on our website, in our press releases, and featured in Construction Business Magazine.
7. Q: On the Trade Contractor and Manufacturer and Supplier project nomination form, which amount should be entered in the ‘Final Contract Price’?
A: Please enter the value of your contract portion of the project, not the value of the project as a whole.
8. Q: I am a Trade Contractor or Manufacturer and Supplier who has been nominated by a General Contractor – what are my responsibilities?
A: Please review the Criteria and Conditions listed under the Project Nominations tab on the Awards of Excellence website and prepare a 1-page fact sheet outlining your contributions. This document should be complete and ready to be presented to the judges between May 17 – June 25, 2021. It is the GC’s responsibility to notify you of the presentation date. Trade contractors and Manufacturer & Suppliers that have self nominated can request a private meeting with the judges.
OUTSTANDING ACHIEVEMENT AWARD FAQ’S:
1. Q: What are the Outstanding Achievement Awards?
A: You can nominate a member who has developed an innovative product/service, maintained a superior safety record or volunteered time to benefit the community. Nominate them for an Outstanding Achievement Award between May 6 – July 26, 2021.
2. Q: When are Outstanding Achievement Awards due?
A: The Outstanding Achievement Award submission deadline is July 26, 2021.
3. Q: How do I nominate someone for an Outstanding Achievement Award?
A: Read the submission requirements on each nomination form to prepare your submission. You may need to provide reference letters and a biography as well as the nomination form.
4. Q: Can I nominate myself for an Outstanding Achievement Award?
A: You cannot nominate yourself for an Outstanding Achievement Award. However, you can nominate any VRCA Member for an award.
5. Q: When are the Outstanding Achievement Award winners announced?
A: The winners are announced at the Awards of Excellence Gala on October 19, 2021.